Due to the economic and political situation in Venezuela, Colombia started issuing the so-called Special Stay Permits to citizens of Venezuela in 2017. These were originally valid for two years and under a resolution that came into effect in the beginning of June, the permits may now be extended for another two years. The required documents will be as follows:
- Certificate of residence in Venezuela
- A biometric photograph (taken from the front with a white background)
- Copy of ID or birth certificate
Furthermore, the applicant must be in Colombia when the permit is issued. Provided that these documents are available, the Special Stay Permits are usually issued within a couple of hours.
To be eligible for the extension, the following conditions must apply to the individual Venezuelan national:
- Resided in Colombia on 25th of July 2017
- Show clean criminal record
- Not subject to a deportation order
- Entered Colombia with a passport
The Special Stay Permits which allow Venezuelans to work, study and reside in Colombia are currently available to Venezuelans who received their initial Special Stay Permit between 3rd of August and 31st of October 2017.
For further information about about PALLADIUM MOBILITY GROUP please follow the link.